Friday, May 31, 2013


We arrive at the house and after greeting everyone and exchanging hugs, I decide to take a walk around the familiar house. I see pictures of myself from when I was young. I then find the photos of all our family vacations. I see one from Mexico and Ireland and think about all of the beautiful sites that I saw and the people I met. I then see a scrapbook titled Paris and decide to take a look. Within the book I see photos of my family in front of the Eiffel Tower and my brother posing with a crepe. I then see a photo of all of us in front of the Sacré-Coeur Basilica. Suddenly I find myself reminiscing about this trip. I remember the tiring walk up the steps which seemed to take forever and the beautiful view of the building and the city from when we reached the top. Hundreds of people were gathered around to take in this beautiful place and as I take my focus off of the people I can hear music from a carousel playing from below. I remember the moment being perfect as I smile and turn the page of the scrapbook.

1 comment:

  1. I like how your blog posts follow one another in a sort of story like way. It keeps the audience engaged and easily able to follow along with it. Your narrative voice is steady and reflective and I feel as though I am hearing you as you write these personal entries. Your incorporation of your thoughts as you move through what you see in the pictures was perfectly done. I was aware of what you were looking at, where you were, and what was happening in the photographs. You then take a moment to reflect how that moment felt for you which continues to engage the readers attention to follow along with your story. I was hoping to find some more references to our readings or for you to bring associate the texts. I noticed in this last post that you talk about Paris and I associate that with Nadja. However, if that was your intention I would have loved to see it executed more apparently. The image you chose is beautiful, and parallels nicely with you title and blog post. If you made the picture a bit bigger, it would allow the layout of this post to have a little substance more to visually captivate your audience. Maybe take some time to switch up some of the fonts where you take moments to reflect, to emphasize the meaning behind the reflection. Overall I like the direction this blog is going.

    ReplyDelete